Thursday 30 June 2011

Triangles and Picking Up stitches

I really really hate sewing up, but since I had asked others to do it, I had rolled up my sleeves, gritted my teeth and gone to work. It was twice as hard to admit defeat, but it was the right thing to do to un pick the stitched on triangles and then to unpick the row of triangles.

Now I have a bed jacket size shawl with a flower closure and a mix of organic New Lanark wool* and King Cole Splash and some donated cones of wool that turned out to include some beautiful Jamieson heathered wool (the pink).

The idea for flowers in the closure came from Meg's lovely shawl and it was also her familiarity with Jamieson wool that made me take a look at the wool on the cone. I washed it a second time and it was a pleasure to knit and crochet with. I hope the recipient enjoys this shawl as much as I enjoyed making it. Oh, never mind the grumbling I did, that's all part of the fun of it when all is said and done.

* I didn't see this wool spun on my recent trip to New Lanark but I saw all the equipment and ingredients--silk noils looking as tasty as wee gum drops and the smell of clean wool and light machine oil. I loved it. A great visit. I recommend it with or without bringing home wool.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment