Tuesday 13 September 2011

Very Busy Behind the Scenes

No, I have not gone doo-lally and posted rockets on our knit site by accident. As Pee Wee Herman said, I meant to do that.

The rocket photos--besides being cool--(thanks to Neil Buchan for actually catching my rocket coming off the launch pad! and me grinning wider than the Cheshire cat) are a metaphor for how much work goes on behind the scenes.

We spent two hours working on our kit model rockets--all the pieces there and the hard work done for us--and then the motors went in and it was just a matter of seconds as it swooshed into the air.

So that's kind of where Northern Loops is just now. We have all the pieces and we're heading for the launch pad.

We are scurrying around in the rarefied atmosphere of web site development and putting together photos and text of our original designs for a calendar and then perhaps note cards of our designs. So definitely keep an eye on this space as knitting nanas go airborne.

Oh, I should mention that the photos were taken in Castlehill Heritage Centre garden. If you can take your eyes off that beautiful rocket, you can see in the background the plants for the dyeing garden. Later this month, I hope to launch my rocket again and to take part in the natural dyeing workshop--I have some wool--well, OK, I have lots of wool and some silk as well. Part of what made the rocket workshop so much fun was the presence of young people. Intergenerational. I wonder if any of my rocket pals might be interested in knitting?

Meanwhile, what's on your needles? I'm working on a shawl for Northern Loops Dunnet, wee hearts for Northern Loops Thurso, and a small child's hat out of Gorgeous bamboo wool for Blythswood shoebox appeal (coming soon).
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment