Monday 19 September 2011

Apres Triangles

Posted by Picasa
I have been so focussed on triangles and shawls for the calendar that I was surprised when Margaret handed me this non-triangular shawl. I felt the warmth of it--in her smile and the warm wool as it touched my hand and that inner warmth of a nice surprise. Once again, I was reminded that the magic works even when you know how it works. Before this shawl even gets to its intended recipient, it is warming us. Giving and receiving are parts of the same coin.

The giving started even before Margaret picked up her needles and invented a new stitch. Someone donated the wool--on cones. Someone wound the cones into balls and joined two closely related blues to give this shawl its depth of colour. Thanks all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment