Wednesday 13 July 2011

Going to the Hospital!


It is rare that a trip to A and E (Accident and Emergency aka Emergency Room for American readers) is cause for celebration, but in this case, it is our blankets that are going to A and E.

"The first batch of knitted blankets went to A&E at Caithness General Hospital and the remainder are ready for delivery to whoever next requests them." Valerie Barker, Caithness and Sutherland Project Linus Coordinator, emailed me this message along with a photo of the blankets with their label and "adoption papers".

As often happens with me, serendipity kicked into overdrive to get this message to me just when I needed it. I had begun to look longingly at my own knitting sitting in a corner as I worked on my Northern Loops knitting--a shawl for the Dunnet group's shawl ministry; a blanket for Project Linus. And that wee grumble was sent packing by the news of our blankets going to a good home.

It was a much needed reminder that giving is good for the giver as well as the receiver!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for your comments on our blog - we would be very interested in thinking about how we might link up and support each other. I have access to donated yarns and needles that might be of use to you. I will be in Glasgow in October at a fibre festival and visiting one of our projects in Easterhouse. Perhaps, as I am part way there I could come and see you? My e-mail address is knitforpeace(at)charitiesadvisorytrust(dot)org(dot)uk

    Best wishes

    Jane Lithgow - Knit for Peace

    ReplyDelete