I took this photo in the hopes that it would look artsy but also because I need all the help I can get to remember things like wool and needle size and so on. Yes, I know Ravelry has a nice project space with my name on it, but I have forgotten my password again, so please tell me this looks arty and also when I wonder, say look closely at the photo and you can see that the peedy needles say Brittany 4.0.
So while I'm doing numbers--100 gms of DK wool makes about 17 or 18 triangles of max sts 38. I have left long tails on them to use for sewing up, so maybe you could get more if you cut off their tails, but since we are making these patterns up as we go along, I'll let you know as soon as I figure it out.
I have a little less than 200 gms worth of triangles from Splash wool, which is one of those alternatively dyed wools that knits up in interesting patterns. As I lay out the triangles for steam blocking, I turned over in my mind some ideas for using the patterns in the triangles for an overall effect. That too is one of the things to be figured out.
OK, one last calculation in a unit of measure that is not a common one but I find very useful. I can do about 2 triangles per episode of Poirot. If the cats do not sit on my lap, then it will be only one and a fraction because I cannot sit through all those commercials without a break for a cuppa.
I'll tell you more about the story of these shawls--where they are going and why we are doing them in another post, but now I need to get busy on my part of the project for the Northern Loops Thurso group, which meets next Thursday (March 17--St. Patrick's Day) at United Reformed Church.